Six Reasons to Consider Enrolling with CES
1) Columbia Evangelical Seminary offers competitively inexpensive degree programs.
2) Columbia has gained considerable credibility and acceptability. People have applied to Columbia from such well-known and varied schools as the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, British Open University, Christ For The Nations, Drew University, Fuller Theological Seminary, Grace Theological Seminary. Liberty University, Moody Bible Inst., Multnomah Bible College, Northwest College, Northwest Graduate School of the Ministry, Purdue University, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Catholic University of America, Texas A & M, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, University of Washington, Western Evangelical Seminary, Western Seminary, Westminster Theological Seminary, and many more.
3) CES has an outstanding faculty of scholars with degrees from well-known and varied schools.
4) The two most important things that schools can offer are high scholastic standards and affordable tuition. CES offers both.
5) CES has Mentorship programs, not correspondence courses. Rather than having prefabricated (canned) classes as in a correspondence school, CES has a mentorship studies program which allows students to work with faculty members to develop each class as they go to meet the students' particular needs. More information about this flexibility in student-designed curriculum and classes is given in the Student Handbook. (Download Student Handbook PDF) Since CES began in 1991, we have noticed that a few other distance learning schools have adopted the term mentorship studies. However, we have also noticed that they do not actually offer mentorship studies as we do. In our programs of study, you work with a mentor one-on-one and develop both your particular program to meet your specific educational and ministry needs, and you develop a friendship with your mentor. Many of our mentors and students continue their relationships long after the students have earned their degrees. This aspect alone is a great asset in one's continued ministry and career.
6) CES graduates have transferred into accredited schools. Here are just a few (not a complete list) accredited schools that have accepted our graduates (or students) into their programs of study:
Bakke Graduate University (fka Northwest Graduate School of the Ministry)
Erskine Theological Seminary
Luther Rice University (fka Luther Rice Seminary)
North West University South Africa (fka Potchefstroom University)
Southern Evangelical Seminary
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School